Friday 4 April 2014

Conclusion of my shooting part

Last week I finished my shooting part and it cost me two days and a morning. I used two DSLR cameras (Nikon D800e and Canon 5D Mark III), a shotgun mic, a monitor and two tripods. I got permissions successfully from everywhere I need to shoot.

From this shooting, I learned a lot. In my opinion, it is difficult to be a good director, because there are a lot of things needed to be considered, such as arranging actors' time, controlling the costs, telling story to actors and so on.

First, I found that I am not good at telling stories to actors and sometimes I ignored the dialogues between actors, because I wanted the actors to speak to each other temporarily, but now I think that it is not a proper way to do that. At that day when I was shooting in Broadway Cinema, I let them to speak to each other temporarily, they didn't know what to say. And it is difficult for me to do the post-production about this because the sounds can not be used because the actors said something unrelated to the story.

Then, Another thing is that I brought one camera only when I was shooting in the Boots Library, I didn't get the actors to remain the exactly same actions during the time I was shooting in different angles. So, some difficulties are added to my post-production, the shots can not be well connected together.

The last thing is that I should pay attention to goof shots, like the shotgun microphone lifting-up into scene, changing of weather and so on.

No comments: